1. To act in a jovial or light-hearted manner. Honestly, my favorite part about the softball league is just joking around with the guys after the game.
2. To say something that is not intended to be taken seriously. I was just joking around when I saw I would quit. Obviously I love this job.
3. To engage in (usually lighthearted) teasing (of someone).
4. To joke about something or treat it lightly. Often used in the negative to indicate absolute seriousness. You guys, Mom is not joking around. She said she would ground us for a month if she caught us again.
1. To act amusingly and without seriousness: We didn't mean to appear rude—we were just joking around.
2. To fool someone lightheartedly: I was just joking around with you when I said that I cut my hair.