Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to joint: Mechanical Joint
1. n. a tavern; a speakeasy. (Prohibition.) I wanted to open a joint, but I don’t have the cash.
2. n. a low-class establishment; a dive. Let’s get out of this crummy joint.
3. n. a tobacco cigarette. Why are beggars being choosers about their joints all of a sudden?
4. n. a marijuana cigarette. The joint wasn’t enough to carry him very long.
5. n. a penis. (Usually objectionable.) He covered his joint and ran for the dressing room.
6. n. a jail; a prison. (Underworld.) Lefty just got out of the joint.
7. n. a toilet. I gotta get to the joint fast!
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- (one's) nose is out of joint
- blow the joint
- blow this joint
- bust up
- case the joint
- clip joint
- creep joint
- get (one's) nose out of joint
- get nose out of joint and have nose out of joint; put nose out of ...
- get one's nose out of joint
- gyp joint
- have (got) (one's) nose out of joint
- heavy joint
- hop joint
- juice joint
- nose out of joint
- nose out of joint, have one's
- nose out of joint, to have one's/put someone's
- out of joint
- put (one's) nose out of joint
- put nose out of joint
- put somebody's nose out of joint
- put someone's nose out of joint
- square joint
- the times are out of joint
- times are out of joint, the