Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to jamming: culture jamming
1. verb To play music together. I heard you guys jamming out in the garage—you really sounded great! We jammed until the wee hours of the night.
2. verb To leave. Aw man, I've got to jam. See you later.
3. verb To forcefully shove a basketball into the net, as by dunking. He was able to jam it right at the buzzer and give us a two-point lead.
4. noun Difficulty or trouble. I'm in a bit of a jam here—my car won't start, and I have a job interview in half an hour.
5. noun In basketball, the act of forcefully shoving a basketball into the net, as by dunking. His jam right at the buzzer gave us a two point lead.
mod. excellent. This music is really jamming.
See also: jam