jam (something) down (someone's) throat(redirected from jam someone down his throat)
jam (something) down (someone's) throat
1. Literally, to compel or physically force someone to swallow something. I hate how doctors try to jam pills down your throat for even the tiniest of colds. The government has come under fire for ordering prison staff to jam food down the hunger strikers' throats.
2. To force, compel, or attempt to make someone accept, endure, consider, or agree with/to something. I hate going to my friend's house, because his husband's always jamming conservative rhetoric down my throat. Look, I'm just browsing around for a car—quit trying to jam one down my throat!
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- force (something) down (one's) throat
- force something down someone's throat
- stuff (something) down (one's) throat
- stuff down throat
- ram (something) down (one's) throat
- ram down someone's throat
- ram something down someone’s throat
- ram something down someone's throat
- ram, force, thrust, etc. something down somebody's throat