jack(redirected from jacks)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to jacks: JACS
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
1. noun, slang Money. It would take a lot of jack to get an operation like that off the ground.
2. noun, slang A small, trifling, or worthless amount. Now, I know jack about computers, so you'll really have to help me fix this issue. We didn't learn jack from their presentation.
3. noun, dated slang A detective. A couple of jacks came snooping around here yesterday.
4. verb, slang To steal something. The thieve jacked a bunch of high-end consumer electronics. I didn't have enough money for the magazine, so I decided just to jack it.
5. verb, slang To rob, cheat, or deceive someone. These big companies are only interested in jacking their customers to make as much money as possible. He spent most of his teen years jacking people in the street.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
Sl. angry; annoyed. Boy was that old guy jacked out at you. Yup, he was jacked all right.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
1. n. money. I don’t have the jack for a deal like that.
2. n. tobacco for rolling cigarettes. You got some jack I can bum?
3. n. nothing. (Probably from jack-shit.) Your last idea wasn’t worth jack. Do I pay you to come up with stuff that bad?
4. n. a strange person; an annoying person. (Possibly from jackass or jack-shit.) Willy, stop acting like such a jack!
5. tv. to steal something. I didn’t buy it, I jacked it!
See jacked out
See jacked up
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- (not) know jack (about someone or something)
- (not) know jack all (about someone or something)
- (not) know jack shit (about someone or something)
- A good husband makes a good wife
- a good Jack makes a good Jill
- a jack of all trades
- a Jack of all trades is a master of none
- a Jack the Lad
- a pile Jack Rice couldn't jump over
- a roll Jack Rice couldn't jump over
- all work and no play (makes Jack a dull boy)
- All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
- ball the jack
- balling the jack
- be hung like a jack donkey
- beat off
- before (one) can say Jack Robinson
- before you can say Jack Robinson
- before you could say Jack Robinson
- each and every one
- every Jack has his Jill
- every man Jack
- every man jack of us/them
- every man Jack/mother's son
- every mother's son of them
- every Tom, Dick, and Harry
- faster than you can say Jack Robinson
- fuck you, Jack, I'm all right
- have jack-shit
- Hit the road, Jack.
- hung like a jack donkey
- I'm all right, Jack
- jack all
- jack around
- jack in
- jack into (something)
- jack it
- jack it in
- Jack Ketch
- jack of all trades
- jack of all trades is a master of none
- jack of all trades, master of none
- Jack Palancing
- jack someone around
- jack someone up
- jack something up
- Jack Tar
- Jack the Lad
- jack up
- not mean jack shit
- on (one's) Jack
- on your Jack
- quicker than you can say Jack Robinson
- That's a fact, jack!