jacked (up)(redirected from jacked-up)
slang Primarily heard in UK.
1. Extremely excited, enthusiastic, or motivated. Everyone at the company is really jacked to show the world what we've been working on for the last three years. The coach got the team jacked up ahead of the big championship game.
2. Having very large and well-defined muscles. Tom used to be a skinny little dude, but he spent the summer getting jacked. With my simple workout routine, you won't need expensive supplements or endless time at the gym to be totally jacked up!
See also: jacked
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
Sl. angry; annoyed. Boy was that old guy jacked out at you. Yup, he was jacked all right.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
See jacked out
See jacked up
1. and jacked mod. excited. I was so jacked I almost passed out. Don was really jacked up about the election.
2. mod. arrested. (Underworld.) What time did Sam get himself jacked up?
3. mod. upset; stressed. I was really jacked up by the bad news.
4. mod. high on drugs. He’s jacked up, and he may have ODed.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.