issue(redirected from issues)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
1. Under discussion. The topic at issue is whether or not to implement a new detention policy.
2. In disagreement. They are at issue over the best way to lead the committee.
See also: issue
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
n. problem. (In colloquial use, issue has virtually replaced the word problem. It is even heard in a few idioms such as Do you have an issue with that?) I had an issue with my car this morning. It wouldn’t start. You are late again! Do you have an issue with our office hours?
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- at issue
- cloud the issue
- confuse the issue
- cut to the pith (of something)
- dead issue
- force the issue
- fudge the issue
- get to the heart of (something)
- issue (forth) from (some thing or place)
- issue (something) as (something)
- issue (something) to (one)
- issue a call for
- issue a call for (something)
- issue as
- issue from
- issue from some place
- issue to
- issue with
- issue with (something)
- join issue
- join issue with (someone or something)
- make a point of
- make an issue (out) of (something)
- make an issue of
- make an issue of/out of something
- side issue
- take issue
- take issue with
- take issue with (someone or something)
- take issue with somebody
- the root of the issue