in time (with someone or something)(redirected from in time with her)
1. Before some deadline or something begins or ends. I need to get home in time to take a shower before the party. Oh good—we're in time to see the opening band.
2. Eventually; with the passing of time. In time, you will come to realize how much your parents care about you.
3. In rhythm; on tempo. The guys in the band can play—just not together. They're almost never in time.
in time (with someone or something)
Following or maintaining the proper rhythm (along with someone or something). Come on, man, you're not in step at all—can't you hear what the bass and drums are doing?
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
(with something) Go to in step (with something).
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
1. Before a time limit expires, early enough, as in His speech begins at eight, so we've arrived in time. It is often put as in time for, as in Please come in time for dinner. [Second half of 1400s] Also see in good time.
2. Eventually, within an indefinite period, as in In time you'll see that Dad was right. [c. 1450] Also see in due course.
3. In the proper musical tempo or rhythm, as in It's important to dance in time to the music. [c. 1700]
The American Heritage® Dictionary of Idioms by Christine Ammer. Copyright © 2003, 1997 by The Christine Ammer 1992 Trust. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1 not late: Make sure that you get here in time for the concert.
2 after quite a long time; eventually: You will feel better in time.
3 (play, sing, or dance to music) at the right speed: The violins didn’t seem to be in time with the rest of the orchestra.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
1. Before a time limit expires.
2. Within an indefinite time; eventually: In time they came to accept the harsh facts.
a. In the proper tempo.
b. Played with a meter.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.