in the manner of somebody/something
in the manner of (someone or something)
In the style or method typical of or usually associated with someone or something. He told us the news in the manner of someone who had just lost a loved one. Why wasn't he more excited? The tech company has started releasing incremental hardware updates, much in the manner of their largest competitor in the market.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
in the manner of somebody/something(formal) in a style that is typical of somebody/something: a painting in the manner of Raphael
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- be left in charge (of someone or something)
- accompany (one) on a/(one's) journey
- accompany on a journey
- be put in charge (of someone or something)
- be out of (one's) league
- be out of somebody's league
- be/have done with somebody/something
- bargain for (someone or something) with (someone)
- a dog in the manger