in the guise of (something)(redirected from in the guises of)
in the guise of (something)
1. Under the pretense of something. I think your mom is passing a lot of judgment in the guise of concern.
2. In the attire of something. The common girl looked very uncomfortable steeping out in the guise of a princess.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- a slue of (something)
- (you've) got to get up pretty early in the morning to (do something)
- a slew of (something)
- a/the feel of (something)
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- a straw will show which way the wind blows
- a crack at (someone or something)
- all right
- (you) wanna make something of it?
- all for the best