in (someone's) view(redirected from in somebody's)
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
in (someone's) view
In someone's opinion. And what, in your view, would be the best way to go about solving this problem? In my view, this tax should be abolished altogether!
1. Within the range of vision; able to be seen; visible. Wait until the enemy soldiers are in view before beginning your attack.
2. As a point of regard, deliberation, or careful attention; under consideration. Let's keep that idea in view for the board meeting next week.
3. As a goal, end, or achievement being sought. With the championship in view, the team began training harder than ever before.
1. Also, within view. Visible, in sight, as in The end of the project is in view, or The mountains are just within view. [Mid-1500s]
2. Under consideration, as in Let's keep this suggestion in view while we talk about the project. [Mid-1600s]
3. As an end or goal one aims at. For example, With the coming election in view, we should present a united front on the issues. [Early 1700s] Also see in view of.