Also found in: Dictionary.
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
slang Cool or fantastic. Have you heard this track yet? Oh man, it's ill—you're gonna love it!
1. slang Behaving in an erratic or unpleasant manner. Oh man, he's really illin'—I have no idea why he just stormed out of here.
2. slang Unhappy. A: "Why's she illin' today?" B: "Well, it looks like she got an F on her psych paper. I bet that has something to do with it."
3. slang Sick or unwell. I was illin' last week, that's why I was absent.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. mod. lame; dull; bad. That broad is truly ill and has a face that would stop a clock.
2. and illing and illin’ mod. excellent; cool. We had an ill time at your party. Loved it!
1. mod. being ill; being sick. She was illin’ big time and could not come to class.
2. mod. ill-behaved. You are most illin’ and you are bugging me, Kim. Stop it!
3. in. behaving badly. Stop illin’ and pay attention.
4. mod. upset. What are you illin’ about? Everything is ice.
5. Go to ill.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.