References in periodicals archive ?
``We have been looking for a big target man to lead the team from the front and Iffy fits the bill perfectly.''
What is remarkable, however, is how this rather iffy result has been seized upon by some liberals as a rationale for making large minimum wage increases a core component of the liberal agenda--for arguing that living wages "can play an important role in reversing the 25-year decline in wages experienced by most working people in America" (as this book's back cover has it).
It is difficult to imagine another proposal that would be as menacing to the iffy equilibrium of this religiously diverse nation.
If he sounds iffy, that's because the effects of El Nino are often hard to predict (see SW 11/17/97).
YESTERDAY'S SOLUTIONS LYRE SCUMHEN EUAN IONAURI SLID BRICKBAT SENILE THE NORSE IFFY SHUGGIE RULE AYRSANDI LEA IPSO SETTLER DEAR LEPER FBI EMERGE PILEITON BEAD ACE THUD LEND PEG SETS EDGY WEE THINKER Across: 1 Lark, 4 Panel, 7 Oxeye, 8 Aswan, 9 Exact, 10 Fahrenheit, 14 Oil rig, 16 Aghast, 17 Headmaster, 22 Atoll, 23 Maybe, 25 Loses, 26 Empty, 27 Skin.
* BOTH BRAINS: teammate Not so my old teammates Iffy Onuora and Jon Dyson.
"Dad's a bit iffy at the moment but we are keeping our fingers crossed for him," he said.
We need three points keep up the title and if we get then it will be to see how United They're going through a bit of an iffy period just now and they've looked visibly tired of late so Liverpool have to try and put as much pressure on them as they can.
He will undergo intensive radiation treatment, during which time he will be replaced by assistant Iffy Onuora.
GILLS caretaker Iffy Onuora laid the blame his side's defeat firmly at the feet of referee Dave Foster.
IFFY produced the performance of the day when sprinting clear of his field on the run-in to take the feature 2m handicap hurdle by five lengths under Robert Thornton.
The veteran midfielder, who enjoyed a highly successful stint with Coventry City last season, has agreed to take charge at the County Ground - with former Chelsea colleague Gus Poyet as his assistant - following the departure of former manager Iffy Onoura.
The Robins are reviewing Iffy Onuora's position at the County Ground following their relegation from this season.
Former Town striker Iffy Onuora made the step up from first-team coach in September, but he was unable to prevent the club slipping into Coca-Cola League Two
Corporate interiors are as "iffy" as the employment picture and senior assisted living has subsided somewhat for now.
Idioms browser ?
- If you lie down with dogs, you will get up with fleas
- if you lie with dogs, you will get fleas
- if you like
- if you must
- if you must (do something)
- if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys
- If you play with fire, you get burned
- If you play with fire, you get burnt
- if you please
- If you run after two hares, you will catch neither
- if you think about it
- If you want a thing done well, do it yourself
- If you want peace, prepare for war
- if you will
- If you would be well served, serve yourself
- if you would(, please)
- if you’ll pardon the expression
- if you'll pardon the expression
- If you're born to be hanged, then you'll never be drowned
- if you've a mind to do
- if you've got it, flaunt it
- if/when it comes to the crunch
- if/when it comes to the point
- if/when push comes to shove
- if/when you think about it
- ifs and/or buts
- ifs, ands, or buts
- ignorance is bliss
- Ignorance is no excuse
- ill at ease
- I'll be a monkey's uncle
- I'll be a monkey's uncle!
- I'll be blowed
- I'll be damned
- I'll be damned if I (do something)
- I'll be darned!
- I'll be hanged
- I'll be hanged if I (do something)
- I'll be seeing you
- I'll be!
- I'll believe it when I see it
- I'll believe it/that when I see it
- I'll bite
- I'll call back later
- I'll drink to that!
Full browser ?
- Iffland Kavanagh Waterbury
- Iffland, August Wilhelm