(someone) is/would be turning over in their grave(redirected from hwould)
(someone) is/would be turning over in their grave
The thing in question is offensive to the memory of someone; someone would be filled with shame, disgust, or disapproval if they were alive today. What on earth have you done to your grandmother's beautiful wedding dress? Oh my gosh, she would be turning over in her grave to see it ruined like this! I'm sure your grandfather is turning over in his grave, considering the atrocious way you've been running the company he built himself. Come on, we're sisters—Mom would be turning over in her grave if she knew we've been fighting like this.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- be left in charge (of someone or something)
- accompany (one) on a/(one's) journey
- accompany on a journey
- be put in charge (of someone or something)
- a stranger to (someone or something)
- be out of (one's) league
- be out of somebody's league
- be in bad with (someone)
- (one) puts (one's) pants on one leg at a time