hockey(redirected from hockeys)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
be jolly hockey sticks
To act or speak in an enthusiastic but disingenuous or irritating way, especially when one is of a high social class. Lady Cartwright is always jolly hockey sticks, so I don't trust a word she says. I don't have the patience to be around people who are jolly hockey sticks all the time.
A euphemistic spelling of "hell," referring to each L resembling a hockey stick in shape. "Oh yeah?" said Tommy to the schoolyard bully. "Well, you can go to H-E-double-hockey-sticks!"
1. Excrement. Watch out for hockey with all these animals roaming around out here.
2. Foolish, deceitful, bombastic, or arrogant talk. Ah, don't listen to Jim, he's just full of horse hockey.
offensive slang A woman who pursues sexual relationships with ice hockey players. It's nothing serious—she's just some hockey whore he hooked up with after the game.
1. slang Horse excrement. Watch out for horse hockey with all these animals roaming around out here.
2. slang Foolish, deceitful, bombastic, or arrogant talk. Ah, don't listen to Jem, he's just full of horse hockey.
play tonsil hockey
slang To kiss very amorously, with mouths open and tongues touching. There's this area behind the school where lots of couples go to play tonsil hockey. I went to see a movie with Tom and his girlfriend, but they just played tonsil hockey through the whole thing!
slang Open-mouthed kissing in which both partners' tongues touch. There's this area behind the school where lots of couples go to play tonsil hockey.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
hockeyand hocky (ˈhɑki)
mod. dung. (see also horse hockey.) Watch out for that hocky there in the gutter.
hockey-whoreand puck bunny
n. a kind of groupie that follows hockey players. (Puck bunny is a play on fuck bunny.) She doesn’t like the game, she’s just a hockey-whore. Just a cheap, skanky puck bunny, that’s her!
1. n. horse dung. You don’t see horse hockey in the streets anymore.
2. n. nonsense. I’ve heard enough of your horse hockey.
play tonsil hockey
tv. to kiss deeply, using the tongue. Kids sit around in cars, playing tonsil hockey all evening.
1. n. oral sex performed on the penis; fellatio. (Usually objectionable.) Give him a good round of tonsil hockey, and you’ve got a customer for life.
2. n. French kissing. The two kids spent the rest of the evening playing tonsil hockey.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.