hit up(redirected from hits up)
hit me up
slang Contact me. I gave that cute boy my number and told him to hit me up sometime.
1. slang To go to a particular place. Let's hit up the mall—I'm sure we can find a present for her there.
2. slang To contact someone or something. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "hit" and "up." Hit me up whenever you need help.
3. slang To ask someone for something, usually money. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "hit" and "up." Stop hitting me up for money when you already owe me $500!
hit someone up (for something)
to ask someone for a loan of money or for some other favor. The tramp hit up each tourist for a dollar. My brother hit up Harry for a couple of hundred bucks.
1. To ask someone for something, especially for money: My friend tried to hit me up for a loan. I hit up my roommate for some extra cash.
2. To pay a casual visit to some place: I plan to hit up a few clubs while I'm in the city.