hitch up(redirected from hitch it up)
1. To pull something up, usually an article of clothing. A noun or pronoun can be used between "hitch" and "up." These pants must be too big now because I constantly have to hitch them up.
2. To connect or fasten something to something else. Who is going to hitch the rig up to the truck?
3. slang To get married. You guys better not elope and get hitched up without us!
1. To pull up something, especially an item of clothing: I keep hitching up my pants because I forgot to wear a belt today. The pioneers hitched their pantlegs up and crossed the creek.
2. To attach something or someone to something or someone else with a hitch: I hitched up the trailer to the car. They hitched the horses up to the wagon.
3. Slang To marry: They hitched up last month in Las Vegas.