hit me(redirected from hit me dealer)
1. noun, slang A dose of an illegal drug. When I was at the worst point of my addiction, every waking moment was spent trying to find a way to score my next hit.
2. noun, slang An inhalation of smoke from a cigarette or pipe, especially one filled with drugs. Yo, can I get a hit off that bong?
3. noun, slang A hired or premeditated murder, especially done by a member of an organized crime syndicate. Most people assumed the politician's murder was a hit orchestrated by the mob.
4. noun, informal Someone or something that is very popular and successful on a large scale. She never found much success in America, but she's a huge hit in Japan. I never expected this silly book of mine to become such a big hit.
5. adjective, informal Very popular or successful. The band's hit new song has been on the top of the charts for four weeks straight. The studio's hit film has been breaking box office records.
6. verb, informal To begin traveling on (something). We're hitting the road at 8 AM sharp, so make sure you get to bed early tonight.
7. verb, informal To go to or arrive at (some place). I think I'm going to hit the gym tonight. Why don't we hit the beach this afternoon?
8. verb, vulgar slang To have sex with (someone). Usually used with the pronouns "that" or "it." A: "Wow, look at that chick over there—she's so hot!" B: "Yeah, she is. I would totally hit that!"
9. verb, slang To inhale smoke from (a cigarette or pipe), especially one filled with drugs. You want to hit this pipe, dude?
10. verb, slang To drink (something), especially to an excessive degree. You've been hitting the bottle pretty hard lately. Maybe you should take a break from the drinking.
1. In blackjack, a request for the dealer to give one another card. I was still pretty far from 21, so I said, "Hit me!" A: "A jack of spades and a two of hearts. That's 12." B: "Hit me."
2. slang Go ahead and ask me your question or tell me what you were going to say. A: "I've got the sales numbers back." B: "OK, hit me." A: "Well, it's not great." A: "Boss, could I ask you something?" B: "Sure, Tom. Hit me."
3. slang A request for another alcoholic drink. Yeah, I'll take another shot—hit me!
4. slang A request for someone to give one a high five (slapping one's raised hand, as in a show of congratulation or celebration). Hit me, my friend! How've you been?
See also: hit
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. and hit me again tv. [in gambling] Deal me a card. Hit me again, dealer!
2. tv. Give me the high five. Hit me! Where you been? Hit me again!
3. and hit me again tv. Serve me (another) drink. Hit me again, bartender.
See also: hit
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.