high on (something)
1. Very excited about or thrilled by something. I'm thrilled that the boss seems high on my idea for this year's charity auction.
2. Intoxicated, usually due to drug use. Yeah, we got high on some pot before the concert.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
high on something
1. excited or enthusiastic about something. Tom is really high on the idea of going to Yellowstone this summer. I'm not high on going, but I will.
2. intoxicated. John is acting as if he is high on something. Has he been doing drugs again?
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
1. Under the influence of alcohol or a drug. For example, I think he got high on marijuana before he came to the party. [c. 1930]
2. Very enthusiastic about, as in They were high on video games. [1940s]
The American Heritage® Dictionary of Idioms by Christine Ammer. Copyright © 2003, 1997 by The Christine Ammer 1992 Trust. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.