word is good(redirected from her word was good)
word is good
1. What someone says is trustworthy; someone has integrity or can be believed. In this usage, a possessive adjective or proper noun is used before the phrase. She had established a rock-solid reputation within the company and the community at large—everyone knew her word was good. Don't worry, boss, we can trust him. His word is good.
2. There is a positive reaction or reception from other people or the public at large. We were nervous about how our new product would do, but word has been good so far and sales seems to be picking up momentum. Word is good regarding our estimates, so I think we should be able to ship before the deadline.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
someone's word is good
someone can be believed and trusted. You can believe her. Her word is good.
- bring (someone or something) before (someone or something)
- bear off from (someone or something)
- be out of (one's) league
- be out of somebody's league
- accompany (one) on a/(one's) journey
- accompany on a journey
- (one) puts (one's) pants on one leg at a time
- a stranger to (someone or something)
- be in bad with (someone)
- be (not) a patch on