(one's) old man(redirected from her old man)
(one's) old man
1. One's father. We'll have to wait till my old man is asleep before we take the car out.
2. One's husband or male romantic partner. I'd better not stay for another drink, or my old man will start to wonder where I am! Her old man gets pretty jealous when she spends time with her male friends.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
old ˈman(informal) a person’s husband or father: I go to see my old man every month. He’s 77 now, you know. ♢ Ask your old man if he can mend it.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
1. n. (one’s) father. What time does your old man get home?
2. n. (one’s) husband. My old man is sick and can’t come with me.
3. n. (one’s) boyfriend. I got my old man to take me to see that movie I told you about.
4. and the old man n. the boss; a high-ranking officer. (Always with the in this sense.) The old man says do it, so you had better do it.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.