heap(redirected from heaping)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
1. n. an old car. (see also load.) I’ve got to get my heap fixed up.
2. n. any dilapidated thing or person. We have to fix up this heap if we’re really going to live in it.
3. and heaps n. lots (of something). Mr. Wilson has heaps of money.
- at the bottom of the heap
- at the bottom/top of the pile/heap
- at the top of the heap
- be struck all of a heap
- bottom of the barrel
- bottom of the heap
- collapse, fall, etc. in/into a heap
- do a power of good
- fall into a heap
- heap (something) on (someone or something)
- heap coals of fire on (one's) head
- heap coals of fire on someone's head
- heap of
- heap on
- heap scorn on (one's) head
- heap sight
- heap up
- heap with
- heap/pour scorn on somebody/something
- heaping Pelion upon Ossa
- heaps (something)
- heaps better, more, older, etc.
- in a heap
- junk heap
- on the scrap heap
- pour scorn on (one's) head
- the bottom of the heap
- the top of the heap
- throw (someone or something) on the scrap heap
- top of the heap
- whole heap more