(one) is not going to bite (someone)(redirected from he, she, etc. is not going to bite you)
(one) is not going to bite (someone)
Someone has no reason to be afraid of one; someone should not be shy about approaching or talking to one. Don't worry, child, I'm not going to bite you. I just wanted to give you a message to pass along to your father. This is your Uncle Jack, son. Well, go on and shake his hand, he's not going to bite.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- (one) is not going to eat (someone)
- (one) won't bite (someone)
- (one) won't eat (someone)
- accompany (one) on a/(one's) journey
- accompany on a journey
- a dog in the manger
- bird has flown, the
- (one's) heart goes out to (someone)
- bring (someone or something) into contact with (someone or something)
- a stranger to (someone or something)