References in classic literature ?
And this was Hazel Strong--Jane Porter's best friend!
To this the duchess said, "Sancho, my friend, mind what you are saying; it seems you could not have seen the earth, but only the men walking on it; for if the earth looked to you like a grain of mustard seed, and each man like a hazel nut, one man alone would have covered the whole earth.
Back in the house, she applied the ice to the base of Billy's brain, placed hot irons to his feet, and bathed his head with witch hazel made cold by resting on the ice.
Even now, that she is walking up and down with a little triumphant flutter of her girlish heart at the sense that she is loved by the person of chief consequence in her small world, you may see in her hazel eyes an ever-present sunny benignity, in which the momentary harmless flashes of personal vanity are quite lost; and if she is happy in thinking of her lover, it is because the thought of him mingles readily with all the gentle affections and good-natured offices with which she fills her peaceful days.
She was glowing from her morning toilet as only healthful youth can glow: there was gem-like brightness on her coiled hair and in her hazel eyes; there was warm red life in her lips; her throat had a breathing whiteness above the differing white of the fur which itself seemed to wind about her neck and cling down her blue-gray pelisse with a tenderness gathered from her own, a sentient commingled innocence which kept its loveliness against the crystalline purity of the outdoor snow.
On one of my visits a neighbour came round and told me about Hazels problem, where she would go out and then get lost.
Care plan: Hazels daughter rang me and told me about Hazel having some form of dementia and I reassured her that I would do my best to take care of her mum with my regular seven week appointments.
Hazels legacy in Altgeld Gardens continues today through the work of People for Community Recovery, a group she founded that continues to educate low-wealth communities and communities of color about pollution and environmental hazards.
To mark todays street dedication, Cheryl Johnson, Hazels daughter and leader of People for Community Recovery, released the following statement:
Hazels funeral will be held Monday, June 9th from the MERCADANTE FUNERAL HOME & CHAPEL, 370 Plantation St.
But from an ornamental standpoint, the most important witch hazels are not those from America but the one from China, Hamamelis mollis.
Hazels friends will miss her dearly, but know that she is no longer hurting and is at peace.
Idioms browser ?
- haven't got all day
- Haven't I seen you somewhere before?
- haven't seen hide nor hair of (someone or something)
- haven't seen hide nor hair of someone/something
- haven't seen you in a long time
- haven't seen you in a month of Sundays
- having a wonderful time; wish you were here
- having the time of my life
- hawks and doves
- hay burner
- hay head
- hazard a guess
- hazard an opinion
- He gives twice who gives quickly
- he laughs best who laughs last
- he laughs longest who laughs last
- He lives long who lives well
- He puts his pants on one leg at a time
- He that cannot obey cannot command
- He that hath a full purse never wanted a friend
- He that is down need fear no fall
- he that lieth with dogs riseth with fleas
- he that would eat the fruit must climb the tree
- He that would eat the kernel must crack the nut
- He that would go to sea for pleasure, would go to hell for a pastime
- He that would have eggs must endure the cackling of hens
- He that would the daughter win, must with the mother first begin
- He travels fastest who travels alone
- He wears a ten-dollar hat on a five-cent head
- He who begins many things, finishes but few
- He who excuses himself accuses himself
- He who fights and runs away, may live to fight another day
- he who hesitates
- he who hesitates (is lost)
- he who hesitates is lost
- he who laughs last laughs best
- he who laughs last laughs longest
Full browser ?
- Hazelcrest Park District
- Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation
- Hazelnut butter
- Hazelnut butter
- Hazelnut Kernel Oil Meal
- Hazelnut oil
- hazelnut tree
- hazelnut tree
- Hazeltine National Golf Club
- Hazelwood Initiative, Inc.
- Hazelwood School District
- Hazelwood West High School Hazelwood, MO)
- Hazen High School
- Hazen, William Babcock
- Házi Feladat
- Hazi Palinka