have scales fall from (one's) eyes(redirected from having scales fall from his eyes)
have scales fall from (one's) eyes
To suddenly be able to see a situation clearly and accurately. I used to be so in love with Andrew, but now that we've broken up, I've had scales fall from my eyes, and I can see how oafish he truly is! Once you start working somewhere new, it doesn't take long until you have the scales fall from your eyes, and you can see all of the problems of your "perfect" new job.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- the scales fall from somebody's eyes
- the scales fall from someone's eyes
- the scales fall from your eyes
- take on (a) new significance
- take on (a) new meaning
- burst out of (somewhere or something)
- a light bulb goes on in (one's) brain
- a light bulb goes on in (one's) head
- burst (up)on the scene
- burst on the scene