have (one's) knickers in a twist(redirected from have somebody's knickers in a twist)
have (one's) knickers in a twist
To be overly upset or emotional over something, especially that which is trivial or unimportant. I hope you don't have your knickers in a twist—I swear I'll have the car back by tomorrow morning! In my opinion, people have their knickers in a twist over this election.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
get/have your ˈknickers in a twist(British English) (American English get/have your ˈpanties in a knot) (informal) react too strongly to a difficult situation by getting angry, upset, confused, etc: The boss is getting his knickers in a twist about these sales figures. ♢ Don’t get your panties in a knot about it! It’s no big deal.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- get (one's) knickers in a twist
- get your knickers in a twist
- get/have your knickers in a twist
- get (one's) knickers in a knot
- get (one's) panties in a wad
- get (one's) shorts in a knot
- get (one's) panties in a bunch
- get (one's) panties in a knot
- get (one's) panties in a twist
- don't get your panties in a bunch