have mixed feelings
have mixed feelings (about something)
To experience positive and negative emotions simultaneously and often in conflict with one another. I have mixed feelings about starting college this fall: on the one hand, I can't wait to start the next chapter in my education, but, on the other, I will be so sad leaving my friends and family behind. I think I'd be happy there, but there might be better schools for me, so I have mixed feelings.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
have ˌmixed ˈfeelings (about somebody/something)have both positive and negative feelings (about somebody/something): I’ve got mixed feelings about leaving college — it’s great to finish my studies, but I’m rather worried about finding a job. ♢ They had mixed feelings about their new boss. She seemed very pleasant but not very organized.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- have mixed feelings (about something)
- mixed feelings
- mixed emotions
- laugh out of the other side of mouth
- laugh out of the other side of one's mouth
- laugh out (of) the other side of (one's) mouth
- laugh out of the other side of face and laugh out of the other ...
- laugh out (of) the other side of (one's) face
- raise the temperature
- be of/in two minds, to