have heart failure

have heart failure

To be shocked, frightened, or upset suddenly and to an extreme degree. Often used with "nearly," "almost," or some similar modifier. Adrian's parents almost had heart failure when he told them he was dropping out of college. I just about had heart failure when you snuck up on me like that!
See also: failure, have, heart
References in periodicals archive ?
In the United States, almost 5 million people have heart failure and each year 550,000 patients are newly diagnosed with this condition.
In the United States, approximately 5 million people have heart failure and each year 550,000 are newly diagnosed with this condition1.
If I think the patient may have heart failure, I'll also order a BNP or NT-proBNP test.
If I think the patient may have heart failure I'll also order a BNP or NT-proBNP test.
The hardest part is telling someone they have heart failure, because they cannot recover.
For example, participants taking chlorthalidone were 38 percent less likely to have heart failure compared with those taking amlodipine.
Despite the diagnosis in the discharge summary; three patients were judged not to have heart failure based on consultant comments in the case notes.
Between 2 to 3 million Americans have heart failure, and 400,000 new cases are diagnosed each year.
In contrast to these new findings regarding HCT and risk of new-onset heart failure, numerous studies have shown that in patients who already have heart failure, a low HCT is associated with an increased risk of heart failure hospitalization as well as all-cause mortality.
5-fold increased risk for later developing diabetes, compared with the people who did not have heart failure.
5-fold increased risk for later developing diabetes compared with those who did not have heart failure.
Most patients, 57%, were deemed very likely to have heart failure, with a probability of 80% or higher, or very likely not to have heart failure, with a probability of 20% or less.
In addition, 14 of the 15 patients who were found not to have heart failure had a blood BNP level below 80 pg/mL.
Full browser ?