have for breakfast
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical.
have (someone or something) for breakfast
To defeat, complete, or handle someone or something easily. Often used as part of a boast. He can challenge me all he wants—I'm not worried! I have chumps like him for breakfast! If anyone can write a term paper in one night, it's Rich—he has assignments like that for breakfast!
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
have someone for breakfast
Fig. to defeat someone with ease. Careful, she'll have you for breakfast if you're not prepared to debate her. I'm afraid they had our team for breakfast again.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- have (someone or something) for breakfast
- have someone for breakfast
- eat (something or someone) for breakfast
- (one) will have (someone or something) for breakfast
- will eat for breakfast
- (one) will eat (someone or something) for breakfast
- brag about
- brag about (someone or something)
- get a handle on something, to