have an itch for (something)(redirected from have an itch for)
have an itch for (something)
To have an interest in or desire to do something. I have an itch for another road trip, but I'm not sure where to go. If you're starting to have an itch for acting again, then you should get back on stage.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
itch for, have an
Also, itch to. Have a persistent restless craving for, as in Dean has an itch for excitement, or Chris is itching to go around the world. [Late 1500s]
The American Heritage® Dictionary of Idioms by Christine Ammer. Copyright © 2003, 1997 by The Christine Ammer 1992 Trust. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
have an itch for something
tv. to have a desire for something. (Have got can replace have.) We had an itch for a good movie, so we went.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- have an itch for something
- itch for, have an
- have an/the itch to (do something)
- finger itches to, one's/my
- get an/the itch for (something)
- get an/the itch to (do something)
- give (someone) an/the itch for (something)
- give (someone) an/the itch to (do something)
- make (one's) teeth itch
- feel like something/like doing something