have a lot going for (one)(redirected from have a lot going for someone)
have a lot going for (one)
To have many favorable, beneficial, or advantageous qualities. You're beautiful, smart, talented—you have so much going for you! I know the job market is pretty treacherous at the moment, but I have a lot going for me that should help me find the right career.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
have a lot going (for one)
to have many things working to one's benefit. Jane is so talented. She has a lot going for her. She has a good job and a nice family. She has a lot going.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- have a lot going
- have a lot, something, nothing, etc. going for you
- have going for one
- have going for you
- have (something) going for (one)
- have nothing going for (someone or something)
- show (someone or something) to advantage
- show to advantage
- show to good advantage
- show (someone or something) to good advantage