haul(redirected from hauls)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
1. A large number of things purchased or obtained. Alexis came home from the mall with quite a haul. I didn't know one person needed so many sweaters!
2. Unlawfully obtained goods. The burglars took off with quite a haul—all of my jewelry is missing.
3. slang A video posted online in which one shows and discusses many recent purchases. Also called a "haul video." I ended up buying so much stuff for my new apartment that I'm going to post a haul for you guys on Friday! And if you haven't already, check out my UK haul—I picked up tons of awesome goodies while I was overseas.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. the proceeds from a theft; loot. (Underworld.) The cops thought they must have got a pretty good haul.
2. n. the proceeds from any activity: a performance, a fishing trip, a collection of goods or money for charity, etc. They surveyed the haul of cans and packages and decided they had done a pretty fair job.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- a long haul
- be in (something) for the long haul
- be in something for the long haul
- call on the carpet
- draw in (one's) horns
- for the long haul
- get (one's) ashes hauled
- haul (one) down to (some place)
- haul (one) on the carpet
- haul (one's) ashes
- haul (oneself) up by bootstraps
- haul (someone or something) over to (something)
- haul (someone) over the coals
- haul (something) from (some place) to (some place)
- haul (something) from (something or some place)
- haul (something) to (some place)
- haul (something) to (some place) from (some place)
- haul around
- haul before
- haul down
- haul in
- haul in (one's) horns
- haul into (some place)
- haul off
- haul off and (do something)
- haul off and do
- haul out
- haul over to
- haul somebody over the coals
- haul someone over the coals
- haul to some place
- haul up
- haul video
- haul/rake over the coals, to
- in (something) for the long haul
- in the long haul
- in the short haul
- long haul
- over the long haul
- over the short haul
- pull in (one's) horns
- rake (one) over the coals
- rake over the coals
- short haul