have (one's) heart in (something)(redirected from had your heart in it)
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
have (one's) heart in (something)
To be emotionally and enthusiastically involved in something; to do or undertake something with passion and zeal. My mom really has her heart in her new business. By all rights, our team should have won the game, but I guess they just didn't have their hearts in it.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
have (or put) your heart inbe (or become) keenly involved in or committed to an enterprise.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- a whack at (something)
- (you've) got to get up pretty early in the morning to (do something)
- a/the feel of (something)
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- a straw will show which way the wind blows
- a slew of (something)
- a crack at (someone or something)
- all right
- (you) wanna make something of it?
- all for the best