have the courtesy to (do something)(redirected from had the courtesy to)
have the courtesy to (do something)
To be kind or polite enough to do something. I was late, but luckily Sean had the courtesy to save me a seat.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
have the courtesy to do somethingknow when you should do something in order to be polite: You think he’d at least have the courtesy to call to say he’d be late.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- have the courtesy to do something
- do (one) the courtesy of (doing something)
- do somebody the courtesy of doing something
- courtesy of (someone or something)
- courtesy of somebody/something
- have the (good) grace to (do something)
- have the grace to do something
- you are welcome
- you're welcome
- courtesy costs nothing