have half an ear on (someone or something)(redirected from had half an ear on them)
have half an ear on (someone or something)
To listen to someone or something intermittently or half-heartedly while something else is happening. Unfortunately, I don't remember what Mom said because I had half an ear on her while also trying to watch the game.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- (someone or something) promises well
- (you've) got to get up pretty early in the morning to (do something)
- accompanied by
- accompanied by (someone or something)
- (have) got something going (with someone)
- a ghost at the feast
- a/the feel of (something)
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- (mother) nature's (something)