guff(redirected from guffs)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.
1. slang Disrespect, often in the form of impudent comments or complaints. Just take out the trash like Dad asked you to—you'll get in trouble if you give him any guff. Did you just give me guff? OK, that's it, go to your room!
2. slang Nonsense. His explanation is total guff and doesn't answer the question at all.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. nonsense; bunkum. No more guff outa you, okay?
2. n. back talk; complaining. That’s enough of your guff!
3. n. a strange person; a nerd. (Possibly related to goof.) Willy acts like a guff when we go out. I am going to break up with him.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.