greet (someone or something) with open arms(redirected from greeted me with open arms)
greet (someone or something) with open arms
1. To greet someone very happily and eagerly; to give someone a very warm, enthusiastic welcome. When my brother left for the military, he and I didn't get along too well, but now that he's coming home, I can't wait to greet him with open arms. It was a little intimidating starting a new job at such a large firm, but everyone there greeted me with open arms.
2. To be very pleased and enthusiastic about something, especially that which is new or unexpected. The president has announced a reversal on his controversial policy, and many people are greeting the news with open arms.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- accompany (one) on a/(one's) journey
- accompany on a journey
- a stranger to (someone or something)
- be out of (one's) league
- be out of somebody's league
- be in bad with (someone)
- (one) puts (one's) pants on one leg at a time
- bargain for (someone or something) with (someone)
- brief (someone) about (someone or something)