Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Money used as a bribe. I think a little grease will convince these people to help us, don't you?
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
n. protection money; bribery money. (see also grease someone’s palm.) See that the commissioner of the park district gets a little grease to help us get the contract.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
grease (someone's)palm/hand Slang
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- (as) fast as greased lightning
- (as) quick as greased lightning
- elbow grease
- elbow grease, to use
- faster than greased lightning
- goober grease
- grease (one's) fist
- grease (one's) hand
- grease (one's) palm
- grease monkey
- grease palm
- grease payment
- grease somebody's palm
- grease someone's palm
- grease someone's palm/fist, to
- grease the palm
- grease the palm of (someone)
- grease the skids
- grease the wheels
- grease up
- greased lightning
- like a greased pig
- like greased lightning
- like lightning
- oil the wheels
- squeaky wheel gets the grease
- squeaky wheel gets the grease, the
- stew in (one's) own grease
- stew in one's own juice
- the squeaking wheel gets the grease
- the squeaky wheel gets the grease
- the squeaky wheel gets the grease/oil
- use (a little) (bit of) elbow grease
- use some elbow grease
- yellow grease