1. A positive occurrence, typically beyond one's hopes or expectations; a bonus. I've had the time of my life working on this project. If I make money from it, then that's just gravy.
2. Easily obtained profit or money. A: "I can't believe we made so much money from that simple project." B: "I know, it's all gravy."
3. Great or excellent. Try not to get so stressed out, man—everything's gravy.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. extra or easy money; easy profit. After I pay expenses, the rest is pure gravy.
2. mod. good. Man, her shape is gravy!
3. Go to (Good) gravy!
mod. fine; super. This little car is truly gravycakes.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.