get under (one's) skin(redirected from gotten under their skin)
get under (one's) skin
1. To become a source of irritation. I just can't stand Dean's voice, so everything he says gets under my skin.
2. To be a source of obsession. I can't get that beautiful girl I met earlier off my mind. She's just gotten under my skin.
get under someone's skin
Fig. to bother or irritate someone. John is so annoying. He really gets under my skin. I know he's bothersome, but don't let him get under your skin.
get under your skin
1. If something gets under your skin, it annoys or worries you. The continuing criticism is starting to get under his skin. Try not to let his comments get under your skin.
2. If someone or something gets under your skin, they start to interest you and you want to know more about them. After a couple of episodes, the characters start to get under your skin.
get under (someone's) skin
1. To irritate or stimulate; provoke.
2. To preoccupy someone; become an obsession.