get it up(redirected from got it up)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia.
get it up
vulgar slang Of a man, to achieve, have, and/or maintain an erection of the penis. Many associate erectile dysfunction with old age, but in truth, men of all ages can have trouble getting it up for myriad reasons.
1. To stand from a seated or reclining position. Come on, kids, get up—it's time to go.
2. To physically move to a higher level. How is she going to get up the steps if her leg is in a cast for six weeks?
3. To wake up. I don't know why I got up so early this morning. Believe me, I didn't set my alarm for 6 AM!
4. To wake one up. In this usage, a noun or pronoun is used between "get" and "up." Go get your brother up so that he can have breakfast before the bus comes.
5. To train or prepare someone for something. In this usage, a noun or pronoun is used between "get" and "up." Our coach has been trying to get us up for the big game this Saturday.
6. To climb onto something, usually something that will boost one to a particular height. I think I'll be able to reach that high shelf if I get up on this chair.
7. To generate. It took me awhile to get up the nerve to confront my coworker about constantly taking my things.
8. To organize something. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "get" and "up." Will you get up the proposal for our meeting on Tuesday?
9. To outfit in something. In this usage, a reflexive pronoun is often used between "get" and "up." It's not a fancy event, so don't get yourself up in anything that nice.
10. vulgar slang For a man, to get an erection. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "get" and "up." He can't get it up anymore, not without a pill.
get it up(of a man) achieve an erection. vulgar slang
get it up
1. tv. to get an erection of the penis. (Usually objectionable.) He’s so drunk all the time, he can hardly get it up.
2. tv. to get excited about something. I just couldn’t get it up about going off to college.