get ahold of (oneself)(redirected from got ahold of herself)
get ahold of (oneself)
To regain control of one's emotions; to begin acting calmly and rationally. A: "I can't do this! I can't!" B: "Come on, man, get ahold of yourself! Jumping out of an airplane is just the start of our assignment." I struggled to get ahold of myself before having to read the eulogy.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- have (one's) bread buttered on both sides
- have your bread buttered on both sides
- if you can't beat 'em
- you can run, but you can't hide
- you can't run with the hare and hunt with the hounds
- can't do anything with
- can't do anything with (someone or something)
- can't have it both ways
- you, etc. can't have it both ways
- yellow dog