get a reputation (for something)(redirected from got a reputation for something)
get a reputation (for something)
To become known for something, often something negative. A: "Of course Sal's late. Again." B: "I know, he's really getting a reputation." She's got a reputation for stellar grades, so she would make an excellent tutor for you. Another botched project? Wow, Rose's really getting a reputation for shoddy work.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- a straw will show which way the wind blows
- a slew of (something)
- a/the feel of (something)
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- (you've) got to get up pretty early in the morning to (do something)
- a ghost at the feast
- a crack at (someone or something)
- all right
- (you) wanna make something of it?
- all for the best