gorge with (something)(redirected from gorged ourselves with)
gorge with (something)
1. To eat something eagerly and usually to excess. In this usage, a reflexive pronoun can be used between "gorge" and "with." I didn't mean to gorge myself on cake at the party—it was just so good!
2. To provide someone with something to a great degree, typically food and drink. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "gorge" and "with." The caterers really gorged us on some fine food and drink at the gala. We need to gorge this guy with the finer points of our program so he'll come work here.
3. To ornament with something, typically something that can be embedded. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "gorge" and "with." Did you see the princess's engagement ring? It's gorged with all kinds of jewels.
gorge someone or something with something
to fill someone or something by eating something. She gorged the dog with canned food. The puppy gorged itself with all the hamburger Paul had set out to thaw.
1. To embed something or someone with some object or decoration: The king's crown was gorged with diamonds.
2. To indulge something or someone, especially with food or drink: The hosts gorged the weary travelers with delicacies of every kind. The hotel guests were gorged with hospitality.
3. To eat enthusiastically and in great amounts. Used reflexively: They gorged themselves with ice cream.