gook(redirected from gooks)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.
Related to gooks: zipperhead
?Note: This page may contain content that is offensive or inappropriate for some readers.
1. Nonsense, often that which contains jargon. His explanation is full of gobbledygook and doesn't actually answer the question. Hoo boy, I've got 24 pages of legal gobbledygook to fill out—lucky me.
2. A jumble or mess of something, often food. What is this gobbledygook that the lunch lady slapped on my plate?
1. slang Any gelatinous, slimy substance. Ugh, the gook they put on you before doing an ultrasound always feels so cold and gross.
2. slang Someone who is foolish or odd. I wouldn't trust that gook with such an important task.
3. slang A prostitute. I haven't seen him all night—I bet he hired a gook and is having some fun with her.
4. offensive slang A derogatory term for someone of East Asian descent.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. nonsense; officialese or government gibberish. They must have a full time staff to dream up all this gobbledygook.
2. n. any mess, especially of food. Do we have the same old gobbledygook tonight?
gook(guk and gʊk)
1. n. a slimy substance; a sediment or residue. Too much of that gook will ruin your engine.
2. n. a foolish oaf. Wow, Chuck is turning into a real gook!
3. n. a tramp. Give the gook some food and wish him well.
4. n. a prostitute. There are a lot of gooks around here in the center of town.
5. n. a derogatory nickname for various East Asians. (Crude.) Let the gooks fight it out amongst themselves.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.