goof-proof(redirected from goofproofing)
1. verb To make something difficult to ruin or spoil. With all the mishaps so far, I see that you guys didn't exactly goof-proof this plan, huh?
2. adjective Describing something that has been made difficult to ruin or spoil. With all the mishaps so far, I see that your brilliant plan isn't exactly goof-proof, huh?
3. adjective Describing something that is difficult to misuse or make a mistake with. Clear nail polish is goof-proof—I don't trust myself to paint my own nails with anything else!
1. mod. foolproof; not subject to misuse. This scheme is not goof-proof, but it’s pretty sound.
2. tv. to make something foolproof; to take action to see that something cannot be misused. See if this can be goof-proofed by Monday evening.