goofer(redirected from goofers)
1. slang Someone prone to behaving in a silly manner. Jimmy's such a goofball—of course he's the class clown. Good luck getting these goofballs to calm down and listen to you!
2. slang Someone deemed stupid and silly. I wouldn't trust that goofball with such an important task.
3. slang A pill with a tranquilizing effect (often because it contains barbiturates), taken recreationally. Tad took a goofball last night and passed out, man.
slang Someone prone to behaving in a silly manner. Jimmy's such a goofer—of course he's the class clown. Good luck getting these goofers to calm down and listen to you!
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. and goofer n. a stupid person; a fool. You are such a silly goofball. What a clumsy goofer!
2. n. a barbiturate tablet. (Drugs.) How many goofballs did you take to get like this?
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.