Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. slang Someone who is silly or stupid. That guy's a total goober—I can't ask him to prom!
2. slang A pimple. Do you have any zit cream? I've got a huge goober right in the middle of my forehead.
3. slang A tumor. Is this her latest scan? Aw man, that goober hasn't gotten any smaller.
4. Peanut, particularly in the Southern US. Did you really grow up on a goober farm in Georgia?
slang Someone who harvests peanuts, particularly in the Southern US. "Goober" is another name for a peanut, particularly in the Southern US. Did you really grow up as a goober-grabber on a farm in Georgia?
slang Peanut butter. "Goober" is another name for a peanut, particularly in the Southern US. Want me to put some goober-grease on this sandwich for you?
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
n. someone who picks peanuts. (Typically someone native to Georgia where peanuts are grown. From guber. Forced and contrived.) One of the local goober-grabbers took us to a peanut boil.
n. peanut butter. Pass me some of that goober-grease, will ya?
guberand goober (ˈgubɚ)
1. n. a facial pimple. (see also goob.) How does anybody get rid of goobers?
2. n. a tumor. (see also boogie.) The patient with the abdominal guber is going into surgery now.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.