gonzo(redirected from gonzos)
1. adjective, slang Of journalistic works, especially first person accounts, highly subjective and over-the-top, in contrast to a traditional style characterized by impartiality and detachment. Her gonzo coverage of the convention has more truth in it than most of the mainstream reporting.
2. adjective, slang Wildly enthusiastic (for someone or something). I've never understood that pop star's popularity, but kids just go gonzo over her.
3. adjective, slang Very exaggerated. That's a gonzo rumor, if you ask me—I don't believe it at all.
4. noun, slang Someone who is wacky or foolish. Don't pay attention to that gonzo's wild notions.
1. n. a silly or foolish person. Some gonzo is on the phone asking for the president of the universe.
2. mod. crazy. Who drew this gonzo picture of me?