gone on (one)(redirected from gone on her)
1. Dead. A: "Please, doctor, you've got to help him!" B: "I'm sorry, but it's too late. He's gone."
2. slang Pregnant (for some amount of time). Aw, congratulations! How far gone are you? I was nearly seven months gone when we moved to Seattle, and I had to pack up the entire house myself because Tom was off traveling for work.
3. slang Heavily intoxicated from drugs or alcohol. A: "I don't remember much of what happened last night." B: "I'm not surprised, dude. After you hit that blunt, you were gone!"
gone on (one)
slang Enamored, infatuated, or in love with one. Oh, I know he's gone on Christina— he won't stop gushing about her! I thought she seemed gone on him, but she broke up with him just a month after they started going out.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
Euph. died. My husband, Tom—he's gone on, you know—was a great one for golf. Let us remember those who have gone on before.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
1. and gone under mod. unconscious. He’s gone under. You can begin the procedure now.
2. and gone under mod. alcohol or drug intoxicated. Those chicks are gone—too much to drink. Wow, he’s really gone.
3. mod. cool; out of this world. (Typically real gone.) This ice cream is gone, man, gone!
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.